If you are a sports fan, then you love buying memorabilia to support your team. You can go the main route which is buying at large retail shops or eCommerce stores and buy generic items. OR you can shop for some unique and valuable items that no one else will have. Many of those items can be found at a local luxury pawn shop like Yev’s. We have a wide array of unique and valuable sports memorabilia for sell and new items come in daily.
A few things to consider when selling sports memorabilia.
- Proof of authenticity: Does your collectible come with a certificate of authentication? No one wants to buy a fake item and your pawnshop will likely require this kind of proof so make sure you have it. In addition, these certifications help both sides of the party come up with a fair price.
- Item Condition: This one is common sense…The better the condition, the more it is worth.
- Your own Research or Story: Your knowledge of the item will help increase your own value and likely help to validate and authenticate the piece. It’s important to note that when you are doing your own research you will want to have the following: Item history, year, player, team, was it part of a notable game? Is it one of a kind? Etc. If you can really tell the story (and document that story) then the item becomes much more valuable.
If you are ready to part with your unique piece…the more prepared you are the more likely you are to get a deal.
Now if you’re on the hunt for a new piece, the same things apply but here are a few additional things to consider on the buying side:
- Research: Before buying it is always smart to do a little research. Validate the stories, confirm its authenticity. Buying with a knowledgeable background can save you time, hassle, and disappointment.
- Comparable: Do you know what similar items have sold for? Is this a one-of-a-kind item? find out the background, ask to see it up close, check for certificates of authenticity. And of course, if it is not a one-of-a-kind item then compare the price for what other similar items have previously sold for.
- Reputable Shop: Don’t buy collectibles from shops without a good reputation. Research who you are buying from and make sure they have been around and trusted for a long time. (Hint Hint – Like us!)
You can Strike Gold! Pawnshops receive items you may never have seen before and may never see again. If you see it, (and you love it) grab it while you can because you just may never be able to find another one like it again.
Buying sports memorabilia at Yev’s Jewelry and Loan is a sure bet. We are serious about vetting the products that come through our door and transparency, integrity, and honesty are a part of every deal that we make. We know that you want to show out and support your favorite team and love when we can make that happen with a one-of-a-kind item.
Come and see what we have!